[mythtv-users] Re:Fedora with Jarod's instructions?

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Dec 12 02:06:34 EST 2003

On Dec 11, 2003, at 07:36, Romel Llarena wrote:

> It's my understanding from email conversations with
> Jarod that the Fedora documentation will be out in the
> next week.

I think I'll have it out by the end of the weekend, but not covering
.13 just yet, mostly because it'll be a bit before Axel has the rpms
rolled and stress-tested.

> I think yesterdays .13 release does complicate things
> though and wouldn't be suprised if that will causes a
> delay in the release of .13. I'm close to doing a
> bare-metal as well, but would rather wait for .13 docs
> than to go ahead with a .12 install and subsequent update.

Look for a Fedora-based .12 doc by Sunday night, followed by a .13 doc
released just as Axel releases the rpms for public consumption. There
will also be an "upgrading your .12 system to .13" section...

Also, for the record, I followed the guide exactly as it is about two
weeks ago, setting up a Fedora Core-based system at a friend's house.
The only hitch I ran into was a missing fceultra for FC1 on ATrpms
(which has since been remedied). Otherwise, almost everything remains
the same, just some different package versions.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...