[mythtv-users] radioshack 15-2116

ray cielencki mythtv at rayslinky.com
Fri Dec 12 00:16:37 EST 2003

At 23:20 12/11/2003, you wrote:
>I have my 15-2116 remote working with the IR reciever in my pvr-250.
>Here is a very short description of how I accomplished this.
>
>I used the keymap-master-v7.58.xls spreadsheet to define a new device for
>my remote.  I selected a VIDEO device with number 0625.  I chose a VIDEO
>type device because on the 15-2116 remote a VIDEO device enables the most
>keys.  The only key that is not enabled in a VIDEO mode is the "FAV SCAN"
>key.  This spreadsheet produces a set of codes that I coppied and paisted
>into the IR program.  Once in the IR program I programmed the "CD" key on
>the remote to use my new VIDEO 0625 device.  I then uploaded this new
>device code into my remote using a JP1 cable that I built.
>
>I now used irrecord to create an /etc/lircd.conf file and I manually
>created a ~/.lircrc file.
>
>To this message I have attached three files.
>
>The first one is called MythTV_with_PVR-250_IR_Receiver.txt.  This file
>what was created when I saved from within the keymap-master
>spreadsheet.  This is not the actual codes that I uploaded to my
>remote.  To get the codes to upload, you need to load this file into the
>keymap-master spreadsheet.
>
>The second file is called lircd.conf.  This is the file created by irrecord.
>
>The third file is called lircrc.  This file I created by hand.  I am not
>very happy with this file yet.  If someone has a better .lircrc file for
>the 15-2116 remote, I would like to see it.
>
>Keith

not so relevant now that someone has sent out a keymaster file and
lircd.conf, but some info i thought i'd pass along...

question about the hauppauge lirc file i asked a few months ago):
That lirc file describes RC5 protocol.
The one at the top without a model number is RC5 device 0. The
commands match a Philips HDTV that I have data on (from a CML file).
I haven't checked yet whether there is a UEI setup code for RC5 device 0.
If you want to duplicate it in KM, the rightmost 2 hex digits of each
lirc entry can be converted from hex to decimal (with window
calculator in view scientific, if you don't know easier ways) and then
used as the OBC in KM.
The second section in that lirc file labeled PVR 2/350 is RC5 device
31. To get the OBCs from those you must subtract 192 from the hex to
decimal conversion of the rightmost 2 hex digits (get the decimal
value of the low six bits.)
I don't have any data on other devices using RC5 device number 31.
i didn't care to replicate the poor functionality of the grey hauppauge
remote and just made my own keymaster file based on that info.

/rayc