[mythtv-users] can't change channels :(

James Colannino email2jamez at dslextreme.com
Thu Dec 11 22:19:44 EST 2003

Hey everyone.  Forgive me if this has been asked before.  I've seen lots
of people asking this question while googling around, but none quite
match my problem.  On my remote, the channel up and down buttons just
land me back on the same channel.  I've tried changing the channel via
the menu, and that doesn't work either.  Entering numbers will display
them, but then they will disappear without doing anything at all.  Does
anyone know why this is happening?  mythfilldatabase worked perfectly.
I can use mythtvsetup to tell it to start on a certain channel, and
doing that will change it to that channel when myth starts up, but
that's the only way I can change the channel.  Does anyone know why this
is happening?  This is frustrating me very much :(

James