[mythtv-users] DVB channels website idea

Paul Woodward paul_woodward at fastnet.co.uk
Thu Dec 11 09:43:35 EST 2003

Dear All,

There seems to be a fair few people having problems setting up DVB channels for mythTV. There is precious little information on the web about the various elements that are required.

I was thinking it would be a good idea if we could collate some info, possible on mythtv.org itself consisting of:
- a data table, listing the required information for each of the tables for use as a cross check for people with existing systems
- cut'n'paste SQL insert block

Even better, if this was designed as a webapp, people could choose the channels that they wish to install, and it could personalise the SQL dump.

I realise there are a lot of transmitters, but if we could categorise it by country/region/transmitter then a lot more people could get mythtv going.

I would be happy to code the webapp.

Ideas appreciated,

Paul