[mythtv-users] Re:Re:Re:Any updates to allow cutting commercials

Andy check_1_2 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 10 21:09:01 EST 2003

QUOTE
> Now, this is the part I'm not sure of... I don't know if mythtranscode
> (which is the engine that nuvexport uses to get frames from Myth for
> transcoding to DivX/VCD/SVCD) honors the "Automatically Skip
> Commercials" setting, or if you need do the 'view->edit->press "Z"'
> trick first. I do know that the view/edit/Z method works.
ETOUQ

Thanks for the reply!

I just did a test, and a recording that has the commercials marked does not
have a cutlist until you play the file and press "E,Z" then escape.
Nuvexport uses the cutlist, not the commercial markings.

I wonder how easy it would be to have an option to have the commercial flags
loaded into the cutlist automatically after mythcommflag (either externally
or internally) has completed flagging the commercials?

I'm no programmer, but if someone pointed me to the files that have the code
that creates the commercial flags and the place where the flags are loaded
into the cutlist, maybe I can figure it out... Even if it only did it for
the external mythcommflag program that would be ok too.

-Andy.