[mythtv-users] PVR-250 stability

Jeff_Mitchell at accessbusinessgroup.com Jeff_Mitchell at accessbusinessgroup.com
Wed Dec 10 16:25:43 EST 2003

I recently (read: a month or so ago) purchased a pair of PVR-250s, and a
120GB hard drive to upgrade my Myth box, and I've been having some weird
behavior that I'm trying to track down.  Every once in a while, I get a
recording that's a 0-length file.  Once I get one of these, I'm unable to
get anything out of either card (either through Myth, or via catting to a
file), and I have to restart my Myth box to get things recording again.
Another thing that I ran into was my OS hard disk (a lowly 18GB) getting
filled will log messages from the ivtv driver.  I fixed this by just
cronning a job to kill the offending log files hourly.  (Yes, I know it's a
nasty hack, but it was done around Thanksgiving, and I seem to remember
being rushed.)

I'm thinking this is caused by the driver getting borked somehow, and I'm
wondering if other people are having the same issue, or if I somehow
managed to screw up the driver installation.  Basically, I just need
someone to tell me what I'm getting isn't common, so I can get the courage
to hit the ivtv site, and try reinstalling the driver.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  BTW, Isaac and all the other
devs, this is a great package.  I have had great results with Myth, and my
wife is really happy to be able to watch her favorite shows whenever she
wants.  Thanks for all of your hard work, guys (and gals, if applicable.)

-Jeff