[mythtv-users] 2 AVI files from MTD when 2-pass is enabled

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Wed Dec 10 15:52:39 EST 2003

I notice that I get 2 AVI files produced when I use the Myth Transcode
Daemon through MythDVD.  For a source named foo the files will be
named foo.avi-000 and foo.avi.  From the timestamps on the files it
appears that foo.avi-000 is produced in the first pass and foo.avi in
the second pass.  foo.avi is always smaller, sometimes considerably
smaller, than foo.avi-000.  I assume this is because of variable bit rate
encoding in the second pass.

In the setup did I miss a setting that will cause the first pass
output file to be removed after the second pass finishes?