[mythtv-users] MythTV without PVR functionality?

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Wed Dec 10 12:05:01 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 05:28, Troy Cauble wrote:
> Is it possible to configure MythTV with all the
> features except PVR functionality (DVD, network
> video, Gallery, Games, Music, Weather) ?
>
> Would that be a frontend without a backend or
> a backend without a tuner?
>
> I already have a Tivo and don't want to bother
> with the Tuner card stuff now, although someday
> I'll want a networked, HDTV setup.
>
> But I want progressive DVD and networked media now.
> So I might as well build a frontend...

I don't know if there is a way to compile it without TV
support. But the Frontend will work for all other modules
without a frontend to connect to.

If you don't want a TV menu option in the main menu you can
try to edit the theme.xml file in the directory of your
favorite theme.

Commenting out the buttondef should do the trick. This should
look something like this:

<buttondef name="TV">
    <image>watch_tv.png</image>
    <offset>20,10</offset>
</buttondef>

I don't know if this works, though. Maybe the buttons are defined
elsewhere.

Torsten

--
Config files for PVR350 TV-Out: