[mythtv-users] Sanity check for PVR-250 to DVD+R

Romel Llarena rdllarena at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 12:03:32 EST 2003

Ok, after reading two days worth of threads, this is
what I *think* I need to set my Myth box up for
straight PVR-250 MPG to DVD+R archiving. I'm running
NTSC on an analog TV with the idea of going digital
HDTV in the next two years. If those experienced users
could please comment, it would be most appreciated.

DEFAULT Profile (although I plan on making LIVE TV and
HIGH QUALITY the same. Is this the correct thing to
do?)

Width 720x480 as that will get me better potential
quality than 352X480, correct?

Video Compression
Codec: MPEG-2 Hardware Encoder
Stream Type: MPEG-2 PS
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
Bitrate: 3500 with a max of 5000

Audio Quality
Codec: MPEG-2 Hardware Encoder
Sampling Rate: 4800
Type: Layer II (what's Layer I?)
Bitrate: 224
Volume: 100%

Is this correct or did I miss something for straight
from PVR-250 to DVD+R with no reencoding?

Thanks!