[mythtv-users] radioshack 15-2116

Nelson Butterworth red_five at charter.net
Wed Dec 10 10:56:43 EST 2003

I have this working with another JP1 remote, the RCA RCU-810. I used VCR code 0098 (One-For-All remote code 0081 with an offset of 17), and it works beautifully. After doing some quick research, I found that the 2116 is almost exactly an RCU-810, but without the device code offset. Use Magnavox/Philips code 0081, and then use irrecord to learn the buttons. I could even send you my lircd.conf file, as well as my .mythtv/lircrc file (I'm using native LIRC support in MythTV). There are ways to add more button functions as well, for buttons that don't do anything normally; using the cable and JP1 is one way, but there are advanced button codes already built into the remote that can be mapped without the hassle of building the cable and all.

Nelson