[mythtv-users] minor issues with new MythTV Install

Adam Wood AdamWood at Xephi.co.uk
Wed Dec 10 09:03:35 EST 2003

> First thing, I really like MythTV.  Amazing how you can turn
> a $1200 PC into a $250 TIVO.  But hey when my wife asked
> "Why?"  I just grinned and said "Cause I can.  :-)"

I wasn't aware TIVO could play DVDs, CDs, MP3s... The list goes on. But
your point is a fair one.

> 1)  My channels are off by 1 when both watching/recording.
> For instance, Sci-Fi is channel 73 for me and everything is
> recording/watching 72.  The whole scheme is off by 1.  Any
> ideas?  I was rather shocked/upset that when I went to test
> the playback of the new Battlestar Gallactica mini-series and
> ended up with Queer Eye.

Don't know sorry.

> 2)  Delayed audio when watching LiveTV and Recorded programs.
>  DVD playback and rips seem to be fine.  What are the
> keyboard commands to control things. I know I could
> experiement and find them, but hey just thought I'd ask.

There should be a file keys.txt some where.

> 3) I've got constant background audio from whatever channel
> the LiveTV was last set to!  This one is the most
> annoying!!!!!  No matter what I'm doing I've got this audio
> feed, whether I'm playing music, watching a DVD, or even is
> mythfronend is not running!

I had this for a while, have you tried muting the line-in audio. It
usually happens when you use a cable from your tuner card to the sound
card.

Good luck,

Adam