[mythtv-users] minor issues with new MythTV Install

Christian Hack christianh at pdd.edmi.com.au
Wed Dec 10 08:54:16 EST 2003

> 1)  My channels are off by 1 when both watching/recording.  For instance,
> Sci-Fi is channel 73 for me and everything is recording/watching 72.  The
> whole scheme is off by 1.  Any ideas?  I was rather shocked/upset that
when
> I went to test the playback of the new Battlestar Gallactica mini-series
and
> ended up with Queer Eye.

Read/tried this? Are you in Canada?

> 2)  Delayed audio when watching LiveTV and Recorded programs.  DVD
playback
> and rips seem to be fine.  What are the keyboard commands to control
things.
> I know I could experiement and find them, but hey just thought I'd ask.

keys.txt in the top of the mythtv source tree. Generally the problem most
have is live tv has the audio ahead of time because of your next problem. I
can't explain it being delayed or being delayed on recordings

> 3) I've got constant background audio from whatever channel the LiveTV was
> last set to!  This one is the most annoying!!!!!  No matter what I'm doing
> I've got this audio feed, whether I'm playing music, watching a DVD, or
even
> is mythfronend is not running!

You need to mute the line in of your sound card and set it to capture. About
the middle of 20.11 it mentions this.

CH