[mythtv-users] Mythvideo for home movies?

Clif Deanhardt mythtv at deanhardt.com
Wed Dec 10 00:37:23 EST 2003

I know I've got to be missing something that's WAY obvious.  I transferred a
cvhs movie to Mpegs and moved them to the mythvideo directory.  The
VideoManager finds it but, obviously, can't find it's match in the IMDB.
The Browser and VideoList can't see the video.  I tried lots of things, but
finally put in a bogus IMDB number.  It reset all my attributes to "not
available" or the equivalent, since it couldn't find the IMDB record... but,
I could select it (title: "Null") now in the browser and I can play the file
well.

How do I get mythvideo to recognize these files without going through the
IMDB?  Can I edit the information it *thinks* it has?  I reckon I could
tweak the database records, but I was hoping I was just missing some
critical step...

any ideas?

Thanks!

Clif