[mythtv-users] Nvidia MX440 and BAD tv-out quality

Clint Silvester clint at focuscompanies.com
Tue Dec 9 21:45:55 EST 2003

rgoodkin at zaius1.homeunix.org wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I think this is probably related to all nivida cards.. got tv-out
>working fine in clone mode, well not fine.  The REDS on the TV display
>ware WAY to red and its not very bright, the CRT monitor looks fine.
>How can I adjust this?  I've seen this post before but never with any
>good responses.
>
>Thanks,
>Bob

I had this with my MSI micro ATX board's onboard video.  The reds were
way too low at first, but anything with somewhat high red was blinding.
I tested this with (I think it was a program called colortest), and it
showed no red all the way to about 75% and then it shot up
dramatically.  It also looked like the the gamma on the green and blue
was low.  I figured it was bad hardware, but I decided to get a seperate
card instead.  I have installed beta nvidia drivers on my desktop and
they do have gamma/brightness/contrast adjustments in a utility that
comes with it, so I'm going to try that sometime soon, but right now I
have a cheapo radeon-based card with tv-out and their drivers on it, and
it works well as long as I don't switch to the console, otherwise the
display gets messed on the X session.  If you want to try the beta
drivers, they are on www.minion.de.

Clint Silvester