[mythtv-users] Begging for help with live TV freeze

Kevin mythtv-users at simplyc.com
Tue Dec 9 12:21:39 EST 2003

        Now this could be part of the reason for my problems.

        I have an antenna feed so some of my signals are very weak. I was having the freeze up far more frequently until I got rid of the non-existent or poor channels. The channels I have left are okay for the most part but still far below cable quality. Could noise in the input signal be the cause of all these lockups? This seems odd as the recording side (mythbackend) still works fine when the lockups occur. It is just the playback (recorded or live-which is really recorded anyway) that gets stuck. Could a glitch on the input side cause the output side to freeze? Perhaps there is an error condition being reported by the PVR-350 that is not being processed by the ivtv drivers?

        I am grasping here but as I said, the freeze ups did occur more frequently when I had the non-existent (signal wise) channels still in my database. Although how this would be related to doing things on the frontend (forward/reverse, pause) beats me. Maybe there is more than one thing causing the lockups and noise is just one of them.