[mythtv-users] DVB cards and encoding

eartoaster at gmx.net eartoaster at gmx.net
Tue Dec 9 06:43:38 EST 2003

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 08:32:38PM +1000, Christian Hack wrote:
> _Some_ of the DVB cards also have hardware DEcoders. As far as I am
> aware these are not supported very well in Linux (if at all). They
this is not true; the decoder and OSD processor is very well supported
in linux; look at http://www.linuxtv.org (the cards including an mpeg2
decoder are called "full feautured" cards).

> definitely aren't supported in MythTV. MythTV does support the CLE266
there is another project (IMHO older than myth), called VDR
( http://www.cadsoft.de/vdr/index.htm ). it is based on the osd
capabilities of these cards and even supports recording multiple
channels simultaniously on the same transceiver.

--
c u
henning