[mythtv-users] Which Hardware route...

Adam Wood AdamWood at Xephi.co.uk
Tue Dec 9 05:39:00 EST 2003

Hi Kev,

The M10000 is actually the one with a fan, you'd be looking for the
M6000 if you wanted to go totally fanless. Having said that, the M10000
fan is quieter than most harddrives so I wouldn't worry unless you're
going for total silence. Also, you will really want a PVR250/350 to take
the load of the motherboard, especially if you go the M6000 route. I've
been looking for a card myself that doesn't do tuning, just encoding
composite/S-VHS, but so far no luck. If you find one please let me know.

Adam