[mythtv-users] Choppy video when screen is black (more info)

Mark Dobossy mdobossy at Princeton.EDU
Mon Dec 8 14:56:03 EST 2003

Well, I did some investigation with my digital camcorder.  I did some
taping of colored butcher paper, and had music playing in the
background.  The problem with the choppiness occurs in ALL of them, so
it looks like this isnt just an issue with black and white.  It does
the same for blue, green, and yellow as well (the only colors I could
get my hands on).  Funny thing is, if I grab the video just using cat
/dev/video0 > /tmp/file.mpg, it is smooth as can be.  Let me know if
there is anything else I can do to help troubleshoot the problem.

-Mark