[mythtv-users] Developers: Future of MythTV?

Sean shomann2 at insightbb.com
Mon Dec 8 11:34:32 EST 2003

> Ronald Kohsman wrote:
>
>> Is there a DVD-RW archiving in the future? P
>>

> That topic just came up on the dev list the other day.  It's an idea
> I've been kicking around recently.  Unless someone else steps forward
> between now and then I plan on starting on a DVD / CD archiving tool to
> allow you to archive your various Myth files to DVD / CD.  Right now I'm
> looking to suppport two types of disk: normal DVDs playable in any DVD
> player and MythDVDs (more like MythDisks) that contain the media itself
> along with it's metadata in a file on the disk.  When a MythDVD is
> inserted into a MythTV box the frontend will display a nice selection
> menu for you to play them back.

Holy crap!
As a Myth user who is new to Linux in general and who had already filled his
200G drive (hehe) I would KILL for a tool like this. I would be totally
happy to contribute this or any effort, but I am totally clueless about
programming. I do have graphic design and DVD authoring ability so if those
skill-sets are needed let me know...

-Sean