[mythtv-users] Re: Machine lock ups, I need help

Dhiraj Gaurh dhiraj at vishnubhugwaan.org
Mon Dec 8 06:50:38 EST 2003

I have the FIC AZ11E which also uses KT133 chipset. I have never had
kernel Ooops but my recording part is not working yet. If bttv has
problems with KT133 then why have I been watching TV for the last two
years using xwtv without any problems. How does bttv know that I am
recording or playing, it should be the same thing, this is just an
application level differnce. I have used the vcr program to record shows
in the past without any problems. If you can watch TV on this chipset
then it is perfectly possible to record too.
I am using RH 7.2 with AMD T-BIRD 950 MHZ
My mythtv recording  part is not working because of some software
problem which I need to fix, it doesn't crash my machine. It just
doesn't record, nothing happens. I am not going to believe that this
KT133 bug surfaces only with myth and not with vcr !
A computer costs a lot of money. I can't afford to buy a new computer
because some particular feature of one application is crashing. Why
don't you use mythtv to watch live tv and use vcr to record in your old
computer. Should work on yours if it works on mine. If KT133 is at
fault, that is.
You murdered your old friendly computer  :)