[mythtv-users] strange TV channel problem

Patrick E. McKnight pem at theriver.com
Mon Dec 8 01:39:31 EST 2003

Greetings,

Well I finally got to my new toy after it sat waiting for over 3
months(!).

The configuration is:
MSI Metis 266 slim box
built in VIA VT8233 AC97
1800+ XP cpu
Seagate 120 GB HD
512 MB ram
2 x ATI TV-Wonder VE's
GeForce MX440 (nvidia).
Gentoo - yeah, I'm a gentoo addict.
2.6.0-test11 kernel - for VIA sound - the 2.4 kernels were borked.

OK, enough details, on with my problem.

The problem lies in the tuner I believe.  The symptoms go something like
this...when I go to record a program, it always records the station that
I was watching in the Live TV section.  It seems weird and I can't
explain it via any other TV program (e.g., tvtime, xawtv, etc.).  Case
in point, I tried to record a show on A&E but it recorded ESPN - the
channel I was watching on Live TV.  It does not seem to change the
station when recording.  Now I can view the stations just fine.  In
fact, I can enter the station number in the keyboard and it comes to the
correct station but it fails to get the correct station when recording.
  Any suggestions?  TIA

--
Cheers,

Patrick