[mythtv-users] First stab at mythtv...

Thomas Fjellstrom tfjellstrom at strangesoft.net
Sun Dec 7 23:56:57 EST 2003

On December 7, 2003 09:46 pm, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Sunday 07 December 2003 11:38 pm, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
>
>  it to work...)

> > > That processor doesn't have anywhere near enough power to do analog
> > > recording at decent quality levels.  It really needs to be a
> > > frontend-only
>
>  machine, or paired with a hardware mpeg2 recorder.
>
> > Then, I doubt my Athlon 2400+ has enough either. (It can't do realtime
> > MPEG4
>
>  as well) So Whats left?
>
> Err, a 2400+ has plenty of cpu to do realtime mpeg4.  It should easily be
> able to handle 2 simultaneous mpeg4 encodes.

um... At what res and bitrate? I couldn't do a MPEG4 file at >640x480 at real
time. maybe 22fps or so, at its fastest.

So what do I do? Stick the TV card in my main machine? Or possibly my Athlon
900 ?

So my EPIA 1g machine (has xmms, sse, fullspeed fpu) can't do the capture and
encode, and decode... ouch.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom at strangesoft.net