[mythtv-users] Another performance question...

Curtis Wood curtis at penguinbrat.com
Sun Dec 7 14:05:01 EST 2003

On my setup....

p2.4 hz
7200 maxtor hd (80g)
ATI 8500, DVI->HDTV
Running on gentoo (performance increase from rh or mandrake)

I still get choppy video every once in a while - however, one thing I
have noticed from doing a lot playing around is that tuning makes a
difference. For example, if I pipe the video from STB into composite - I
get very little no choopy video and no lockups. If your stuck with the
tuner - play with it, adjust the finetune setting in the database to
where the pictures color is maxed out and then use the adjustments to
make it look good.

Also as note, in the docs them selves - they say a fast harddrive is
critical...

Curtis