[mythtv-users] AverMedia Card

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Sun Dec 7 10:19:05 EST 2003

On 6 Dec 2003 at 23:45, Andrew Hogue wrote:

> I just set up my AverMedia M179 tonight and it works like a charm.

<sigh> still waiting for mine to arrive

> I've tried to simply place it in a script and run it at boot time in the
> /etc/rc.d/init.d scripts but it doesn't seem to work properly, the script
> works fine after everything is set up however....
> Where and when should I perform the test_ioctl's?

Are you sure the appropriate modules are loading on bootup, if you bootup
without running the ioctls and then do an lsmod, do you see the appropriate
ivtv stuff?

I am setup like you under MDK8.2 and have ivtv listed in /etc/modules, so
that it autoloads on bootup, that way the ioctl's work fine in /etc/rc.local

$ cat /etc/modules
# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file should contain the names of kernel modules that are
# to be loaded at boot time, one per line.  Comments begin with
# a `#', and everything on the line after them are ignored.

scsi_hostadapter
snd-emu10k1
ivtv
bttv