[mythtv-users] How's this configuration look?

Andrew Chen achen-mythtv at micropixel.com
Sun Dec 7 03:08:38 EST 2003

Hello-
I was looking to setup a new MythTV installation and was hoping you guys
could give me a sanity check on my proposed configuration.

I'm planning on using two boxes -- one as a front end and one as a back end.

Backend:
P4 2.4C 800MHz FSB
1GB Dual Channel DDR
80GB or so of IDE storage
2xPVR-250 encoder boards

Frontend:
Celeron 700
128MB RAM
Radeon 7500 Video Card

I'm looking to use the backend for recording-only, all in MPEG2, with all
playback being done by one or more frontends.  I'm going to use two
PVR-250s so two programs can be recorded at the same time.  Is this a
realistic setup?  Thanks.