[mythtv-users] Video Scaling questions

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Sat Dec 6 16:20:12 EST 2003

When I set the X resolution to a standard
resolution (640x480) the video output is scaled
to the full x and y dimensions.

If I try something like 848x480 or 1280x720,
(using custom modelines)
the video is only scaled to aproximately 640x480,
leaving black vertical bars.

I'm trying to find the best 16x9 HDTV res
using a component output.  I though I read
before the xv scaling would scale to the max in
each direction?  Evectively handling a 16x9 upscaling
automatically.  I've also read some notes in
the archives talking about multiple scaling options,
but can't find any way to activate or change these
(4:3 Zoom mode changed? thread).  I have about a 2 week
old CVS version.

Using a Nvidia FX5600 card, and a 16x9 HDTV through a component
converter.  I'm still using std 4:3 encoding cards so far,
but will hopefully drop in my pcHDTV card, but I want to
get the resolution issues wrapped up first.

BTW. the program guide and rest of the gui does scale
properly to the full dimensions.

Brian