[mythtv-users] mythtv DVB Status

Paul Woodward paul_woodward at fastnet.co.uk
Fri Dec 5 21:07:47 EST 2003

I've got two DVB-T cards working in a system without any troubles,
although I occasionally get recordings that are 0 bytes long - only
happens occasionally and haven't looked into it yet.
> ok, I'm very keen to try this

My main problem at the moment is finding a way to allow a choice between
recording HD or SD versions of the few programs that are broadcast in
both. There is no specific guide data for HD programs, just typically
'HD' listed in the EPG. Anyways, more on this later.
> What do HD/SD mean?

As for watching the recordings under Windows, if I copy the .nuv across
and rename it to .mpg it will play back fine as long as I don't try to
fast forward or rewind.
> when I try to play the .nuv on windows (as a .mpg) it plays 1/2 sec
bursts whatever player I use. Any ideas?

Paul