[mythtv-users] Avermedia works

Bill Oberman Oberman at BodyMedia.Com
Fri Dec 5 13:25:52 EST 2003

I have the m179 to the point where I can:
cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg
and see video with sound.

But, I can't get mythtv to work quite yet.  For those of you who have the
m179 working, anything special to get it working in mythtv?  Any particular
encoder settings (stream type, resolution, etc)?  I'm running vanilla
ATRPMS, except ivtv which is CVS + avermedia patch.

william

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Blomfield [mailto:sblomfi at Cavps.com]
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 8:55 AM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: RE: [mythtv-users] Avermedia works

No.

Just use the firmware given as an example in the RH9 guide w/ATRPMS on
pvrhw.goldfish.org

The ivtv driver will use it, you do not need to apply it as such.

Have a look at this guide, it is excellent, and will clear up a lot of
your questions.

I know you have the M179, but the procedure is 100% the same for the
PVR-x50 series as the M179 (trust me, I have two M179's).