[mythtv-users] EPG overlays live video, no preview video visible

Eric Litman elitman at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 5 04:51:16 EST 2003

With mythtv from CVS 2 days ago and the most recently published ivtv
drivers (ivtv-031125A) with a PVR-350, I'm seeing what appears to be
unintentional behavior in the display EPG.

When the EPG starts, live TV continues to play behind it - clearly
visible through the alpha of the EPG and the theme image - and the PIP
is a black box which reads "Loading Preview Video". The effect is
similar to how TiVo overlays its tranlucent EPG over the TV image
behind it, and is actually pretty cool.

If this is indeed a bug, I'd like to throw my vote into the hat to make
this a permanent feature, or at least an option to be one. Were it to
remain, the PIP preview window should probably go away, as should the
transparent theme image behind the EPG.

Anyone else seeing this?

-Eric