[mythtv-users] tv-out Fonts?

Clint Silvester clint at focuscompanies.com
Thu Dec 4 19:13:45 EST 2003

Tim Bates wrote:

> I hope this makes sense:
>

> I have just got the tv out of my geforce4 440 mx
> thank to a wonderful little program called "Yanc" (do a web search)
> it helped config the tv out option for the XF86config-4  file
> My problem is that the screen size of the tv will only take 800x600
> making the text hard to read
> The recording and live tv quality are fine (well as fine as an
> unamplified cable splitter  can be)
> If I set it to anything larger the screen is  like haveing a virtual
> screen with half of it un viewable
> the computer monitor is set to 1024x768 those font are also very small
> When I was running  1152x864 on just the monitor the fonts were much
> larger
> and easier to read I just could not get this size on the tv.

You can try the DisplaySize Option to your Monitor section that is
supposed to be the size in millimeters of your display.  I think that's
what made my fonts look good.

It's like this:

DisplaySize 356 204

  Play with different sizes if it doesn't look good with the actual size
of the tv.  There's also obviously the font setting inside mythtv's
settings to adjust.

Clint Silvester