[mythtv-users] Tunning the System

Jeff Monks mythtv at skunkeye.com
Thu Dec 4 10:05:37 EST 2003

> - I experiment a little delay changing channels (2 seconds aprox.)
> ¿Is it normal?
> ¿Can I reduce this time in some way?

It's normal; that's the live TV buffer filling up a little before it
starts playing back.  Remember, when you're just watching Live TV, it's
not really "live" - it's recorded to the hard drive and then played back,
giving you all the cool DVR functionality like pause and rewind on a
"live" stream, so you're always technically a couple seconds behind the
actual broadcast signal.

As far as I know, there's no way to shorten that delay when changing
channels.