[mythtv-users] Jerky playback

Clyde Stubbs clyde at htsoft.com
Thu Dec 4 07:02:27 EST 2003

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 12:55:02AM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> If you want smooth video, use the nvidia driver and turn on the experimental

Unfortunately the nvidia driver is unusable, since it doesn't
support interlaced modes, and my TV will not display progressive
modes (which require a minimum 31kHz horizontal scan rate).

While I take your point about the driver, the fact is that mplayer
and xine can display non-jerky video, either from file or from
an mpeg2 stream out of dvbstream. Therefore the video driver is
not an absolute impediment to achieving this result.

Clyde

--
Clyde Stubbs                     |            HI-TECH Software
Email: clyde at htsoft.com          |          Phone            Fax