[mythtv-users] Mythtv broadcast

Mark Musone mmusone at shatterit.com
Wed Dec 3 22:13:15 EST 2003

No, it doesn't affect the cable modem at all..this is essentially a
transmission station no different that what the cable company uses..

The _only_ thing that might be nice (I don’t do it)
Is to put in a filter when the main cable comes into your house (before
you split it off so that your signal doesn’t go _out_ your house..

Granted, you are going to choose an unused channel, but since you are
broadcasting, it's very possible that you'll also be broadcasting to
your next door neighbor too :) plus it's not nice to be sending
transmissions _back_ to the cable company..

The nice thing about the channelvision stuff is that they are extremely
good quality, not like that channel 3/4 junk you buy at
target/radioshack.
I specifically have the E1200 and bought it from www.smarthome.com

The URL for the device is: http://www.smarthome.com/770201.html

Again, I personally _love it_ I'm going to get more eventually and have
them run on different channels for different tv-outs

-Mark