[mythtv-users] Re:Playback speeds/slows after a few minutes

David Sokolowsky dgs at locke.ccil.org
Wed Dec 3 15:21:40 EST 2003

This sounds like the same issue I was having after I upgraded a frontend
box to Mandrake 9.2.  I was convinced it was a playback issue because the
same frontend hardware would not have the problem if I booted knoppmyth
and ran it as a live frontend.

Suspecting something may have been an issue with the combo of mdk 9.2,
mythtv and the integrated audio on the mboard, I installed another sound
card.  I no longer have the problem, though I don't know exactly why the
integrated audio was no longer working - worked fine in mdk 9.1.

BTW - the mboard is an ECS k7s5a.  Fairly common (cheap) board with SiS
audio (I believe).