[mythtv-users] Re: showing snow on tv using Jarods Guide

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Dec 3 02:25:06 EST 2003

On Dec 2, 2003, at 06:27, Micha wrote:

> well i tried p values 1-9, only 4 shows snow the others only show a
> black
> screen,

What about -p 0? I presume it is the tuner input you're trying to
record off of. My recollection is that most PVR-x50 cards are wired
with either -p 0 or 4 as the tuner input (mine is -p 4, the ivtv docs
mention -p 0 for tuner -- I think 4 is typical for a rev2 card, 0 for a
rev1 card, but I'm not positive).

> i tired different channels using
> ./ptune.pl --channel 23 --input /dev/video0 --freqtable pal-europe-west
> ./ptune.pl --channel 21 --input /dev/video0 --freqtable pal-europe-west
> any hints were i can find the failure ??
> or are there any special settings i have to do for germany ...

Shouldn't be any different from anywhere else in PAL land, but (another
disclaimer!) I can't say for certain (I'm in NTSC land).

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...