[mythtv-users] No recording sound, PVR 250 and Fedora

Robert Wiklund r.w at telia.com
Wed Dec 3 00:57:20 EST 2003

Hi,

I've followed Jarod's excellent walkthrough of installing MythTV on RedHat9. It worked great! But yesterday I felt brave enough to reinstall everything on a Fedora system, since RH9 is quite old.

I followed Jarod's guide again, just changing the RH9 rpm's to Fedoras instead. It seems like IVTV won't load at startup through "modules.conf", I have to manually run  "/sbin/modprobe ivtv". When I have done that and type "cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/test_capture.mpg" and watch the recorded mpg, I get picture but no sound. ALSA works, because I can listen to wav's. I read in the guide about changing the name on "msp3400".o to "msp3400.o.orig, but that did'nt change anything.

Please, anyone who can help me before I'm loosing it?

System: ABIT NF7 NForce2, latest ATRPM's Athlon kernel loaded
512 MB RAM
PVR 250

/Rob