[mythtv-users] Commercial flagging in Germany?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Dec 2 22:09:08 EST 2003

> Is there someone out there, that has commercial flagging working for
> german tv?
>
> It's not a blank frame, and scene change will detect too much. Any idea?
>
> Torsten

What exactly are they using, is this the short video clip that is shown
at the beginning and ending of commercial breaks?

Do you see anyway to distinguish when the commercials start and end?
Is there a logo present during the show but not during the commercials?
I have some preliminary logo detection code working but haven't had a chance
to work on it in a while.  Maybe that will solve your problems when I
can get that working and added into the available commercial detection
methods list.

--

Chris