[mythtv-users] MythVideo - Can I set up Playlists?

James L. Paul james at mauibay.net
Tue Dec 2 19:24:26 EST 2003

On Tuesday 02 December 2003 13:50, thor wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 December 2003 18:30, James L. Paul wrote:
> > I'm letting the files play to the end, and they are much longer than
> > 10 seconds. It retuens to the list at the end of the file.
>
> 	Weird.
>
> > Yes. I am selecting the "Done" button and pressing space.
>
> 	If you go back into the Dialog, is the Play Next field already set to
> what you just set it to? Or is it blank?

It is set to what I just set it to. This is what I meant when I said it seems
to keep the setting, but just ignores it.

> 	Also, any chance mplayer is running with the second file, but your
> window manager has decided the myth interface should be on top (ie.
> does a ps ax | grep show anything about mplayer).

I hadn't considered this, but I just checked. No, it's really returning to the
list, I can see the player stop when the video is done, and it is not
relaunched.

> 	Finally, you're sure the second file is playable (you can launch it
> fine by itself from mythvideo).

Sure. I can play all the files just fine, it's just that setting that field to
play another file after this one doesn't seem to have any effect at all.

> 	Sorry to be a bit pedantic, just trying to figure out what's going on.

No problem. Believe me, I know how you feel. I'll provide any info you ask for
as my schedule permits. :)

I'm using 0.12 from source, upgraded from 0.11 on a box with dual PVR250. It's
running RH9 with a 2.4.22 kernel from kernel.org and using blackbox for the
WM. It has mythdvd, mythgallery, mythgame, mythmusic, mythnews, mythweather
all running in addition to mythvideo. It's been remarkably stable for the
past month.

Actually, I was thinking that when I get time to look at the code I might
change mine to _always_ play the next file in the list as default behavior,
since that's usually what I want to do. (I'm used to mplayer's playlist
default behavior, and that's what it does.) It's more convenient for me to
escape out of the next video if I don't want to play it than it is to set an
option individually for hundreds of files. We all do things differently! :)