[mythtv-users] Re: No sound during live TV!

Jay Goldberg jay at ransdoc.com
Tue Dec 2 18:04:15 EST 2003

K Chaloupka writes:

 > I've got a Hauppage PVR350 card and am able to watch
 > live TV, but I don't get any sound with it.  I do know
 > that my ALSA sound driver is working because DVD
 > playback and music work fine. I've got my Direct TV
 > box audio output channels plugged into the Hauppage
 > sound inputs.
 > Any suggestions?
 >
 > Thanks,
 >
 > Karel

Hi Karel

You probably know this already, but in the off-chance you don't,
here goes...

The audio from the Hauppauge card has to be redirected into the
input of the sound card in order to get sound.  I ran into this
myself on day 1.  On day 2 I bought a $3 cable and directed the
RCA audio out from my PVR-350 to the input of my sound card, and
everything's great.

	HTH
		Jay

--