[mythtv-users] Mythtv broadcast

Michael Starks mythtv at michaelstarks.com
Tue Dec 2 16:28:54 EST 2003

  This is what I want to do. I want to be able to recorded a show on my
Mythtv box (basement) and play it back to my living room tv. Is this
possible with Mythtv? I have WinTV-GO-FM card currently but looking to
upgrade to WinTV-PVR-350. The second question I have is how hard is it go
get the PVR 350 up and running if I already have Mythtv working with my
current WinTV card?

  What I am planning on doing is taking the output of the video card into a
channel modulator, along with an IR repeater.  This will allow me to relay
remote commands from the living room and all I need to do is tune the TV to
the "MythTV channel".  Using this approach, with enough remotes and IR
repeaters, you could have Myth on every TV.  No need for separate frontends
and no need for a noisy computer nearby.