[mythtv-users] Myth Ideas

Kendrick Vargas ken at hudat.com
Tue Dec 2 10:44:23 EST 2003

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Mark Winder wrote:

> I'd like a demon that can detect that the phone/modem is ringing, answer it
> and read tones from keys pressed on a phone keypad at the other end.
>
> These it would interpret as video plus numbers, using Steve Hosgoods
> VideoPlus (VC+ in USA?)  C-code to decode them or better if better code is
> available.
>
> It would then add these entries to the database as 'to be recorded'.

You might wanna look at Bayonne:

	http://www.gnu.org/software/bayonne

It's a system which provides menus to phone telephony stuff. You could
adapt it to a perl script which would take the resulting code, look up the
number, and the pop the appropriate entry into the database.
			-peace

--
Let he who is without clue kiss my ass