[mythtv-users] Re: showing snow on tv using Jarods Guide

Micha me at ceeyafree.de
Tue Dec 2 09:27:16 EST 2003

well i tried p values 1-9, only 4 shows snow the others only show a black
screen,
i tired different channels using
./ptune.pl --channel 23 --input /dev/video0 --freqtable pal-europe-west
./ptune.pl --channel 21 --input /dev/video0 --freqtable pal-europe-west
any hints were i can find the failure ??
or are there any special settings i have to do for germany ...
thanks for any help
Micha

my modules.conf
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/updates
# default path
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`
alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
options ivtv debug=0
options tuner type=8
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner
add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c
alias eth0 8139too
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
alias usb-controller1 usb-uhci
alias ieee1394-controller ohci1394
# ALSA portion
alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
# OSS/Free compatability portion
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
# Sound card #1
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
# Save & restore settings
post-install snd-card-0 /usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
pre-remove snd-card-0 /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || :