[mythtv-users] Mythmusic food for thought

Mike Wood mike at woodsnest.com
Tue Dec 2 08:58:06 EST 2003

While we're tossing around ideas for MythMusic..... I think the music selection screen could be improved from the standard Tree view as well.  However, my thought would be to use the same type functionality that exists in Myth today for the Program Finder.
Start in the left column with the alphabet, Choose a Letter/Number and move right to the list of Artists for that letter.  Then choose an Artist and move right again for a list of Albums.  Choose an album and move right again to choose individual songs.  Of course, anywhere along this path, you would be able to queue things up...so if you wanted everything from a particular artist, you could do that.

Screen size may be a limitation on this however.  The program finder is only 3 columns...Alphabet/Program Name/Time Slots.....where this would have to be 4 columns.... Alphabet/Artist/Album/Track.  So maybe you split the screen and put Alphabet and Artist on the top half...then drop down and pick albums and songs on the bottom half?

Just more MythMusic "food for thought" as the subject implies.  I just think this would simplify music selection a bit because with a very large collection of music, scrolling the tree view can get a little tedious.

Thanks for Listening,
Mike