CLE266 support (was [mythtv-users] OSD slow with hardware decoding?)

Adam Wood AdamWood at Xephi.co.uk
Tue Dec 2 07:16:46 EST 2003

Hi everyone who has an epia,

I'm currently waiting on a power supply and case for my EPIA-M 10000
(waiting a month already!!). When I get it I plan to take a really good
look at the OSD for the CLE266 hardware decoder. I'm not saying "I know"
my programming skills are up to it but I'm going to give it a shot. I
built a box using an M 6000 recently for a friend so he's keen to see me
fix it too.

Mike, if you don't mind I'd like to keep your e-mail to hand for testing
support, if you're up for it. Anyone else with some debugging time and
an interest in this please let me know.

If anyone knows why the OSD is limited to 16 colours I'd love to know.
Is this a limitation of the hardware? The drivers provided by VIA? Or
what? (Maybe that question should go to the dev-list?)

Isaac, any pointers would be great.

Thanks,

Adam