[mythtv-users] Myth Ideas

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at gorpe.com
Tue Dec 2 06:33:16 EST 2003

Zagaroth wrote:

>The only real thing i have to add to this is maby we should have less
>modules them more...
>What i would like to see is MythMusic and MythVideo joined togeather. I have
>lots of
>MP3's and music videos which i would like to have played from the same
>program... then
>have maby some nice visulations going when its a mp3 and the video when its
>a music video

What you really want is one UI with multiple playback backends, which I
happen to agree with.  Instead of MythMusic/rip cd and MythDVD/rip DVD
you could have "add to my collection" (sounds better than rip) which
used the appropriate ripper depending on the media type.  A unified
frontend to browse and play ALL of your media files regardless of their
source would be fantastic.