[mythtv-users] Turning on Bus Mastering for PVR-250

Aleaxander alex at carbonated.com
Tue Dec 2 02:41:48 EST 2003

Hi Everyone,

I'm following Jarod's guide in setting up a second MythTV system (first
one works great, thanks Jarod and Axel!), but I'm stuck on setting up
ivtv.  In searching the mail archive, I think I have figured out the
possible problem, but have been unable to fix it.  It looks like my
PVR-250 is not being assigned an IRQ number.  I get the following
information on the card from my system:

00:07.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc: Unknown
device 0016 (rev 01)
Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc.: Unknown device 4009
Flags: medium devsel
Memory at 20000000 (32 bit, prefetchable)[disabled][size=64M]
Capabilities: <available only to root>

That part about [disabled] seems wrong : ).  Based on what I've read in
prior posts on the list, I imagine that my motherboard, MSI K7T266
Pro-RU, is not doing Bus Mastering, even though reviews of the board say
that all the PCI slots on it have Bus Mastering...  I've tried moving
the PVR-250 to every PCI slot on the motherboard in the hopes that it
will start working, but none of them seem to assign an IRQ to the card.
  Looking through the BIOS, I don't see anything relating to Bus
Mastering.  I've e-mailed MSI support to see if there is an option in
the BIOS that I'm missing to turn on Bus Mastering, but I haven't heard
back from them yet and I'm hoping that someone on the user-list will
have some idea what is wrong or how to turn on Bus Mastering (if this is
actually the problem).

Thanks,

-Alex