[mythtv-users] PVR-350 question

Nelson Butterworth red_five at charter.net
Mon Dec 1 22:46:06 EST 2003

Douglas Phillipson wrote:

> The PVR-350 has a "Composite out" jack where the 250 appears not to.
> Can you get the Video out of this jack, by default,  when you play a
> video with MythTV or is there some extra config/magic you have to go
> through to get it?
>
> Regards
>
> Doug P

There is a non-trivial amount of "magic" required to get teh 350's TV
Out working, but it's not terribly difficult if you follow instructions.
There's an excellent set on this very forum; just do a search for the
partial subject "very long" and you'll find it. The 250, BTW not only
does not have the output, it also does not have the onboard decoder that
drives the output. OTOH, the 250 Freestyle cards you find on eBay
(Gateway pulls) are actually closer to the 350, in that they actually
have the decoder on the board, but have no TV Out port or IR remote
plug. I seem to remember seeing someone posting about trying to use the
Freestyle's decoder much like a DVD decoder board, as a branch of IVTV
driver development IIRC, but that's a while down the road for sure.

Nelson Butterworth