[mythtv-users] Myth Ideas

Grant Totten grantt at thedrawlyn.com
Mon Dec 1 22:17:17 EST 2003

> I have been using mydvds to catalogue my dvds.  It uses a mysql ( or
> others I believe ) backend to store info about what DVD's you have.
> Entering new dvds is easy.  If you have a cuecat scanner, just scan
> your dvds and it will look up everything from IMDB for you.  You can
> search your list or the entire DVD catalogue.  It is pretty neat.
>
> You can find it at: http://mydvds.wesmo.com
>
> It seems like it would pretty easy to either:
> 1) Build a myth module to talk to the mydvds database and extract any
> info on the fly.
> 2) Just use mydvds from mythbrowser
>
> If you went with route 1, then you could do other things like
> contolling external DVD jukeboxes, etc.
> Michael

Wouldn't it be neat to have a "stuff I'm looking for" capability?  The
idea would be that I use mythweb or the frontend to build a set of
queries for things that I want to watch out for.  For example, my wife
periodically wants me to do a "Pride and Prejudice" search.  If I could
add these queries to a "looking_for" database table, then when
mythfilldatabase runs, it could run the set of queries, queuing up
recording events if it finds anything on the list.

Just an idea,
Grant