[mythtv-users] Problems with EPG update

Mathias Wennberg mathias.wennberg at gavle.to
Mon Dec 1 19:16:47 EST 2003

Hello

I recently manually deleted some channels from the database that of some
reason had slipped in into my channel list (these channel was such that I
don't have and I never saw them in the EPG, probaly because I hadn't a
channel connected to them).

However, after this I can't seam to recive updates from www.dagenstv.com which
is my source for information. When I run mythfilldatabase (which I run each
night in a cron script) I only seam to get back strange error messages like:
http://www.dagenstv.com/se/char/?dat?=2003-12-02&cha=27:keys missing in
programme hash, not writing at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/XMLTV.pm line
2448

Since my EPG don't have any data as of tomorrow I suspect that this error has
gone on for some time.
Channel 27 is btw NOT a channel that I have deleted from the channel list.

I can't really figure out where the problem is and how to fix it. Do I have to
rerun the setup? (I hate that, it takes ages of some reason).
Or is there an error on the site that mythtv collects the EPG data from? Is
there an alternative?

Since I also can't get manual recording to work (it simply refuses to record
any manualy entered recording and they don't show up in planned recordings)
am I very dependent on the EPG to work. Now when I am soon out of data I am
getting a bit worried...

Advices please.
/Best wishes
Mathias