[mythtv-users] Automatic Console Login

Chris Yeun chris.yeun at efi.com
Mon Dec 1 16:48:32 EST 2003

Hello,

I want to setup a dedicated MythTV box so if the system is power cycled
it will restart with the mythfrontend running.  Does anyone know a way
to have the user 'mythtv' logged in automatically at console.  If that
is possible then I can probably get startx running via some
initialization script, e.g. .bashrc.

I prefer not to use GDM or KDM for automatic login because I can't get
it to read my .Xsession or .xinitrc, thus not loading mythfrontend
automatically, plus I want to run a lightweight window manager like fvwm
or blackbox.

I'm running Debian Sid w/ 2.4.22

Thanks,

Chris.